Stephen C. Stanfield, MD
- Practicing Specialty: Emergency Medicine
I chose to specialize in emergency medicine because it is a discipline uniquely positioned to help people quickly and in their time of greatest need. We are on the front lines of medicine and oftentimes a patient's introduction to the health care system. I am an advocate for my patients and my priority is providing the best possible care for the community that I serve.
During my free time, I enjoy hiking, camping, playing hockey and spending time with my family.
I am a member of the following professional associations:
* American Board of Emergency Medicine (ABEM)
* American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP)
* Society for Academic Emergency Medicine (SAEM)
* American College of Medical Quality (ACMQ)
- Medical School: University of South Carolina - Columbia 1996
- Residency in Emergency Medicine: Palmetto Health Richland 1999
- Certification: Am Bd of Emergency Medicine