Julia C. Johnson, MD
- Practicing Specialty: Neurology
- Secondary Language: German
I am a board certified neurologist with an interest in movement disorders. During my neurology residency at the University of North Carolina, I developed a passion for caring for patients with Parkinson's disease, which led me to complete a fellowship in movement disorders and Parkinson's disease at Duke University. Subsequently, I joined the neurology faculty at Duke University and focused on clinical research in Parkinson's disease.
As the Clinical Director of the HealthPartners Parkinson's Center, my goal is to provide patient care with a focus on education and communication.
In my free time, I enjoy swimming, running and spending time with my family.
I am a member of the American Academy of Neurology (AAN) and the Movement Disorder Society (MDS).
- Medical School: University of Heidelberg- Germany 2005
- Internship in Internal Medicine: University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill 2006
- Residency in Neurology: University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill 2009
- Fellowship in Movement Disorders: Duke University Medical Center 2010
- Certification: Am Bd of Psych & Neuro-Neurology