Bret C. Haake, MD
- Practicing Specialty: Neurology
I am a neurologist with an interest in the brain, spinal cord, nerves and muscles. I am most interested in those disorders that affect the brain such as stroke, dementia, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis and epilepsy, but also enjoy coming to a correct diagnosis in anybody with weakness, numbness, spells, confusion, incoordination or abnormal movements.
I trained at the University of Minnesota and have a strong background in clinical neurology. I have led programs in stroke, Parkinson's disease, dementia, multiple sclerosis and pain. I am also interested in optimizing the delivery of health care in such a way that we can maximize the service that patients receive while also improving the quality of care. Lastly, I am actively involved in teaching other health care professionals to be the best care providers that they can be.
In addition to medicine my interests revolve around my family. I am married and have four children. In my spare time I like to fish.
- Medical School: University of Minnesota Medical School 1990
- Internship in Internal Medicine: University of Minnesota Medical Center 1991
- Residency in Neurology: University of Minnesota 1994
- Certification: Am Bd of Psych & Neuro-Neurology