Regions Direct – Burn CenterHome > Regions Direct > Regions Direct – Burn Center
The Burn Center at Regions Hospital is one of the country’s first burn centers. It is the most complete and extensive care facility of its type in the Upper Midwest. Our experienced staff and state-of-the-art facility offer complete care for your patients with burn injuries. Our services include:
- Inpatient care
- Outpatient care
- Rehabilitation services
- Family services
- Telemedicine services
The Burn Center at Regions Hospital is verified by the American Burn Association through the American College of Surgeons.
For more information or to refer or transfer a patient, call 800-922-BURN (2876). Burn surgeons are available 24 hours a day.
Comprehensive burn care
The Burn Center at Regions Hospital provides specialized care for all types of burns and wounds:
- Thermal burns
- Electrical burns
- Chemical burns
- Exfoliative skin disorders
- Chronic wound problems
A continuum of care
A continuum of care, from inpatient through outpatient services, is provided at The Burn Center. The integration of our services optimizes patient care, minimizes complications and speeds recovery.
- Inpatient Care: intensive medical and surgical care for adults and children with burn injuries
- Outpatient Care: expert burn and wound management and follow-up services including re-entry to school or work programs
- Rehabilitation Services: on-site services from a rehabilitation team internationally known for using creative techniques to treat burn injuries, including fabrication of transparent face masks to reduce scarring
- Family Services: counseling and spiritual support as well as referrals to community resources to help adults, children and families cope with the impact of burn injuries.
Around-the-clock information, consultation & referral
Immediate, specialized burn care may be needed to ensure the best possible outcome for your patient. Our burn surgeons are available 24 hours a day for information, consultation and referral by calling 800-922-BURN (2876). Your call will be returned within minutes—day or night. We can also help evaluate burn severity and determine if a transfer is necessary. If you refer a patient to The Burn Center, we are committed to providing timely communication and complete follow-up on your patient’s status.
In addition to providing care for burn injuries, The Burn Center also specializes in the care of wounds with prolonged healing. These are wounds that have not improved or healed completely within two months following the injury. Our wound care program includes nutritional counseling, rehabilitation and surgical procedures. Some of the wounds treated at The Burn Center include chronic, non-healing wounds following an operation or injury, chronic venous ulcers and large abrasions. For more information on wound care, call 800-922-BURN (2876). To make an appointment for a patient, call 651-254-2373.