Regions Direct – Burn CenterHome > Regions Direct > Regions Direct – Burn Center > Referral criteria for transfer to a burn center
Referral criteria for transfer to a burn center
See Burn Evaluation Sheet for further information.
- Second and third degree burns > 10 percent Burn Surface Area (BSA)
- Third degree burns > 2 percent BSA
- Burns involving the face, hands, feet, perineum and major joints
- Electrical, chemical and inhalation injuries
- Circumferential burns of an extremity or chest
- Burns involving trauma
- Patients with a burn and a complicating medical disorder
If your patient meets any one of these criteria, a transfer to a burn center is recommended.