Emergency CenterHome > Specialties > Emergency Center > How to tell who's who in the Emergency Center
How to tell who's who in the Emergency Center
Emergency Center staff wear different colored scrubs. This isn’t a fashion statement. There’s actually a color code that tells you who’s who:
- Navy blue scrubs or professional clothes – provider (physician, resident or physician assistant)
- Royal blue scrubs – nurse or paramedic
- Maroon scrubs – emergency room technician
- Green scrubs – emergency department clerk
- Beige scrubs – medical student
- Professional clothes – financial counselor, case manager
- Black uniform – security
- Black or gray scrubs – housekeeping
- Teal scrubs – personnel in surgical specialties
Emergency Center walk-in wait timeWait times vary by condition. Estimated times update every 15 minutes and can change without notice.
Find a doctorOur staff includes 700 HealthPartners providers.
Level I Trauma