Rehabilitation InstituteHome > Specialties > Rehabilitation Institute > Bone health/osteoporosis
Bone health starts in childhood. By the age of 20, you have 85-90% of your adult bone mass. Inactivity, illness, medication and lifestyle choices can all affect your bone health. Regions Hospital Rehabilitation Institute offers physical therapy services to address a variety of bone health conditions. We will perform an examination and develop a personalized treatment plan to promote healthy bones for a lifetime.
Our goal is to get you back to your highest level of mobility and strength.
Regions Hospital Rehabilitation Institute works closely with your care provider to coordinate all of your care.
Services we offer:
- Review of your current activity level and how it affects bone health. Exercise and activity changes may be recommended.
- Instruction in “do’s and don’ts” for spine health
- Posture assessment and posture exercise instruction
- Evaluation of balance and fall risks including exercises to help
- Home safety advice
- Information to manage spinal fractures
- Customized exercise programs to address special needs such as chronic pain, arthritis, multiple health condition and others
- Review of DEXA bone density scans with exercise and activity recommendations
- How to do a self-assessment of fracture risk using the World Health Organization FRAX website
- Bone Health Seminars and in clinic consultation
Bone health seminar
Join us for this free class on bone health. The seminar is presented by a nurse practitioner from HealthPartners Orthopaedic or Endocrinology department and a physical therapist from Regions Hospital Rehabilitation Institute.
Seminar topics covered include:
- Bone health at all ages
- Exercise modifications - including yoga
- Exercise to promote bone health
- Fracture prevention
- Normal bone and osteoporosis
- Overview of medications
- Personal risk factors
- Testing for osteoporosis
2014 dates & locations
Call 651-254-3200 to reserve a place for one of the seminar dates below.
Wednesday, May 14, 2014, 10 a.m.–noon
7355 York Ave. S.
(Photo ID needed to enter YMCA. Anyone welcome to attend.)
Friday, September 19, 2014, 1p.m. - 3 p.m.
HealthPartners Specialty Center
401 Phalen Blvd
St. Paul, MN 55130
Meet in the lobby
Thursday, October 23, 2014, 6p.m. - 8p.m.
Maplewood Community Center
2100 White Bear Avenue
Maplewood, MN 55109
Resources for additional information
Make an appointment
Find a doctorOur staff includes 700 HealthPartners providers.