Rehabilitation InstituteHome > Specialties > Rehabilitation Institute > Chronic pain
Chronic pain affects every aspect of your life. Our goal is to understand how chronic pain has impacted your life and to return you to your optimal level of activity and strength. Our physical therapists will perform an examination and develop a personalized rehabilitation plan to treat the whole person.
The primary goal of physical therapy is to reduce pain to a manageable level, reduce the need for pain medications and to achieve the highest level of function possible.
Regions Hospital Rehabilitation Institute works closely with your care provider to coordinate all of your care.
Common chronic pain conditions treated:
- Abdominal pain
- Complex regional pain syndrome
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Pelvic pain
- Spine pain including:
- SI instability or dysfunction
- Spinal stenosis
- Lumbar spine pain
- Tailbone/coccyx pain
- Neck/cervical spine pain
Treatment may include:
- Manual therapy and mobilization techniques to address mobility limitations and alignment
- Education in anatomy and physiological condition, body mechanics, ergonomics and pain information
- Self-management techniques
- Individualized home exercise program
- Guidelines for pacing of activities
- Aerobic conditioning
- Graded Motor Imagery, includes mirror therapy
- Relaxation/physiological quieting
- The role of pain feedback loops
- Warm water aquatic therapy
Make an appointment
Find a doctorOur staff includes 700 HealthPartners providers.