Rehabilitation Institute

Home > Specialties > Rehabilitation Institute > History

History

The Rehabilitation Institute, which provides both inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services, celebrated its 50th anniversary in 2008. Dr. Michael Kosiak, MD, founded the rehabilitation program in 1958 at Ancker Hospital in St. Paul, Minnesota. In 1965, when Ancker moved and became St. Paul Ramsey Hospital, the Rehabilitation Institute moved to the present location on the hospital campus at 640 Jackson Street, St. Paul, Minnesota. Inpatient care was initially provided on 4 West and then eventually moved to C9300, where we currently operate the 16-bed inpatient rehabilitation unit under the medical directorship of Dr. Rebecca Koerner, MD.