Rehabilitation InstituteHome > Specialties > Rehabilitation Institute > Overhead athlete
Shoulder pain is a common problem for participants in a recreational or competitive overhead sport. The pain is usually due to muscular imbalances in the shoulder and shoulder blade area and/or incorrect movements.
The Regions Hospital Rehabilitation Institute Overhead Athlete Program offers comprehensive physical therapy services for a wide range of ages, injuries and abilities. Our physical therapists have training to identify and treat the source of pain due to overhead sports. We use high speed video analysis and testing in our clinic to create a personalized rehabilitation program for you.
Whatever your goals are as an overhead athlete, we will work together to help you achieve them.
Regions Hospital Rehabilitation Institute works closely with your care provider to coordinate all of your care.
Overhead sports with high incidence of shoulder pain:
- Baseball/Softball - pitchers or position players
- Racquet sports
Services we offer:
- Balance and core testing
- Full shoulder exam including testing strength and flexibility
- Movement/biomechanical assessment
- Testing of function
- Activities to achieve optimal throwing form
- Customized exercise program
- Manual therapy
- State-of-the-art video assessment up to 1,000 frames per second to help identify problems with your form and possible causes of injury
- Training recommendations to prevent injury
- Video Throwing Analysis for overhand throwers
Make an appointment
Find a doctorOur staff includes 700 HealthPartners providers.