Rehabilitation InstituteHome > Specialties > Rehabilitation Institute > Thoracic/rib pain
If your care provider has said your chest pain, upper back pain or shortness of breath is related to thoracic spine and rib dysfunction, we can help. Regions Hospital Rehabilitation Institute has physical therapists that specialize in treating a variety of chest wall pain, rib pain and thoracic spine pain. We will perform a complete examination and then develop a personalized treatment plan to help you achieve the best outcome possible.
Regions Hospital Rehabilitation Institute works closely with your care provider to coordinate all of your care.
Common thoracic spine & rib conditions treated:
- Chest wall pain with unknown cause
- Curvature of the spine/scoliosis
- Disc herniation of the thoracic spine
- Pain caused by trauma such as falls or a car accident
- Pain following a respiratory infection caused by coughing/sneezing
- Pain following surgery.
- Soft tissue tightness/hypomobility
- Sprains and strains to the upper back and ribs
- Tingling in the fingers/thoracic outlet syndrome
Treatment may include:
- Review of your rib and thoracic spine alignment
- Manual therapy to address skeletal alignment issues and soft tissue flexibility
- Posture, movement and self management education
- Relaxation techniques to deal with anxiety that can come with concerns about chest pain
- Procedures such as electrical stimulation, or ultrasound
- Exercise-based rehabilitation program to improve strength, flexibility, posture or body and joint movements
Make an appointment
Find a doctorOur staff includes 700 HealthPartners providers.