Rehabilitation InstituteHome > Specialties > Rehabilitation Institute > Temporomandibular joint disorders (TMJ)/facial pain
Temporomandibular joint disorders (TMJ)/facial pain
We offer physical therapy services for a variety of TMJ conditions. At your first visit, the therapist will perform a complete examination of your jaw. A personalized treatment plan will be developed including ways to manage your condition when therapy is complete.
Our goal is to reduce your pain and help you return to your highest level of activity.
Regions Hospital Rehabilitation Institute works closely with your care provider to coordinate all of your care.
Common TMJ joint conditions treated:
- After surgery issues
- Congenital defects
- Dislocating/hypermobility issues
- Grinding teeth/bruxism
- TMJ pain
- Trauma related injuries
Treatment may include:
- Instruction in correct posture and how this affects the jaw
- Manual therapy to improve the mobility of the jaw and soft tissue structures
- Self-management techniques
- Specialized exercise training
Make an appointment
Find a doctorOur staff includes 700 HealthPartners providers.