Rehabilitation InstituteHome > Specialties > Rehabilitation Institute > Woman's health
Women have special needs when dealing with conditions such as pregnancy-related pain, endometriosis, pelvic pain or painful intercourse. Regions Hospital Rehabilitation Institute offers physical therapy services for a wide variety of women’s health conditions. Our therapists have special training in this area. They will perform an examination and develop a personalized treatment plan to meet your needs.
Our goal is to reduce your pain and return you to your highest level of activity and strength.
Regions Hospital Rehabilitation Institute works closely with your care provider to coordinate all of your care.
Common women's health conditions treated:
- Low back pain with pregnancy
- Mid-back pain/rib pain - may be related to post-mastectomy patients
- Painful intercourse/dyspareunia
- Painful menstrual periods/cramping/pelvic pain/Endometriosis
- Return to running or sport after pregnancy
- Separated Pubic Symphysis after delivery
Additional specialized services are available focusing on the following areas:
- Bone health
- Bowel and bladder issues
- Sports medicine
- Pelvic pain
Treatment may include:
- Manual therapy to address mobility limitations and alignment
- Education in body mechanics, posture when nursing, labor-and-delivery positions that are least stressful to back pain and instabilities
- Self-management techniques
- Individualized home exercise program, including any necessary precautions associated with pregnancy or other conditions
- Fitting with a SI stability belt, if needed
Make an appointment
Find a doctorOur staff includes 700 HealthPartners providers.