VolunteerHome > Volunteer
Looking for a way to make a difference, have fun and meet new people in an exciting health care setting? Join our volunteer team at Regions Hospital and HealthPartners Clinics! Our volunteers make a lasting impact on our patients and guests working in both clinical and non-clinical settings. As a volunteer you will acquire new skill sets, gain new experiences and help us deliver exceptional care and service to our patients and guests. Not sure if volunteering will fit in with your schedule? We offer a variety of departments and scheduling options to meet you needs.
If you are interested in volunteering, there is a good chance we have an opportunity for you! Here is a listing of some of our opportunities:
- Breast Health Care Center
- Burn Unit
- Cancer Care Center
- Center for Memory and Aging
- Complementary Care Therapies
- Heatlhy Brain Patient Visitor Program
- Emergency Department
- Gift Shop
- Guest Experience Greeter/Transport
- Mental Health Occupational Therapy
- Music Program
- Nursing Units (including ICU)
- Overlook Café
- Patient Visitor Program
- Pet Therapy*
- Physical Therapy
- Surgery Waiting Area
- Surgery Center Pre/Post Anesthesia Care Unit
- Transitional Care Center Physical Therapy
- Trauma Unit
- Clerical support
- Lobby concierge
- Nursing units
- Physical Therapy
- Project Read
- Sleep Center
- Specialty Care Services
- Pet Therapy (Riverside Clinic only)
- Surgery Center
- Digestive Care Department
- Support pillows for cancer patients
- Knit/crocheted baby and pediatric items (including hats, mittens and blankets)
- Clothing drive for mental health patient needs
- Coloring kits for pediatric patients/guests
*Offered at Regions Hospital and HP Riverside Clinic. All pet teams must have a current Therapy Dogs International or Pet Partners certification. Please call the Volunteer Office at 651-254-5709 for more details.
**Please check with Volunteer Services by calling 651-254-5709 to discuss current needs.
Our Minimum Requirements for Volunteers:
Age: Volunteers must be 15 years of age or older at time of application.
Minimum Time Commitment:
- Non-Summer Programs: Due to pre-screening and training, we respectfully ask for a 6-month or 100 hour commitment for non-summer programs. Shift times and lengths vary depending on your preferences and availability. Most shifts are two to four hours in length and can be flexible to work with your schedule.
- Summer Programs: Looking for a shorter term commitment? Consider volunteering for our 2016 Summer Program! Our Summer Program takes volunteers for a 10-12 week commitment each summer. The Summer Program fills up fast, so look for an application in March to apply for our 2016 Summer Program!
Ready to get started becoming part of our volunteer team here at Regions Hospital and HealthPartners? Great! The steps below outline our process for getting started as a volunteer. It generally takes 3-4 weeks to complete the process, so we encourage applicants to begin the process a month before they plan to start.
Ready to apply? If you are interested in our programs and would like to complete the application, please click here!
After review of your application, you will be contacted via email to schedule an interview. We use the interview time to get to know you a little better and explore talents and interests to create the best fit experience for both you and the organization. We kindly request that you bring the following completed documents with you to your interview:
Adult and College Students:
High School Students:
Orientation and Pre-Screening
For those accepted into the program after the interview, completion of the required online orientation and supplemental screening is the next step. Instructions and materials for completing the online orientation will be given to applicants selected for the program. The following are required of all incoming volunteers:
- State of Minnesota Background Check
- Health Screening with Employee Health and Wellness - Regions Hospital only
- Review of Immunization/Vaccination record - Regions Hospital only
- TST (Tuberculosis) Screening
Hospital Training: Upon completion of the above steps, volunteers will be scheduled for department specific training with a staff member.
For additional information please check our frequently asked questions.How to Apply:
If you have any questions or would like additional information, please contact the Volunteer Office at 651-254-5709 or email.
Thank you for your interest and we look forward to hearing from you!