VolunteerHome > Volunteer
Looking for a way to make a difference, have fun and meet new people in an exciting health care setting? Join our volunteer team at Regions Hospital and HealthPartners Clinics! Our volunteers make a lasting impact on our patients and guests working in both clinical and non-clinical settings. As a volunteer you will acquire new skill sets, gain new experiences and help us deliver exceptional care and service to our patients and guests.
Some of our opportunities include:
- Alzheimer Research Lab
- Breast Health Care Center
- Burn Unit
- Cancer Care Center
- Clerical/Administrative Positions
- Emergency Department
- Gift Shop
- Guest Experience Greeter/Transport
- Nursing Units (including ICU)
- Overlook Café
- Patient Visitor Program
- Pet Therapy *
- Physical Therapy
- Surgery Waiting Area
- Surgery Center Pre/Post Anesthesia Care Unit
- Transitional Care Center – Recreation Therapy and Physical Therapy
- Trauma Unit
- Clerical support
- Lobby concierge
- Nursing units
- Physical Therapy
- Project Read
- Specialty Care Services
- Pet Therapy (Riverside Clinic only)
- Surgery Center
- Digestive Care Department
*Offered at Regions Hospital and HP Riverside Clinic. All pet teams must have a current Therapy Dogs International or Delta Society certification. Please call the Volunteer Office at 651-254-5709 for more details.
How to become a volunteer:
- Age: Volunteers must be 15 years of age or older at time of application.
- Minimum Commitment: Because of extensive pre-screening and training, we respectfully ask for a 6-month commitment.
- Adults: One four hour shift per week for a minimum of six months.
- Students: One four hour shift per week for a full semester, full summer or four consecutive months.
- 2013 Regions Hospital and HealthPartners Summer Volunteer Program:
- Regions Hospital: At this time our applicant pool has reached its capacity and we are no longer accepting new applications for the summer program. If you are a returning volunteer from last summer and would like to return this summer, please email us at email@example.com to let us know of your intent to return this summer.
- HealthPartners Clinics: Applications are still being accepted for the those interested in volunteering in our HealthPartners clinics, including our Specialty Centers.
- Application: Click here to submit an application.
- Please be prepared to include a unique email address that you are able to check frequently. Email is our primary means of communication with applicants.
- Please allow two weeks for the application to be reviewed and processed.
- Interview: After review of your application, you will be contacted to schedule an interview. We use the interview time explore talents and interests to create the best fit experience for both you and the organization. Please be prepared to bring a resume and letter of reference to the interview session.
- Orientation: Each applicant is required to attend an orientation session. Orientation dates and times will be communicated with you when you receive your official offer of volunteer work.
- Screening: Regions Hospital and HealthPartners Clinics will conduct the following screenings on all prospective volunteers:
- State of Minnesota Criminal Background Check
- Mantoux Test
- Hospital Training:All volunteers should expect to have additional department specific training with a staff member. In addition, an annual re-education session is required of all volunteers.
- For additional information please check our frequently asked questions.
Benefits of volunteering
- Complimentary parking
- Meal coupon worth $5.00
- Invitations to events that occur at Regions Hospital
- Opportunity to explore health care careers
- Annual recognition events
- Opportunity to apply for scholarships after 150 hours of service
How to apply:
If you have any questions or would like additional information, please contact the Volunteer Office at 651-254-5709 or email.
Thank you for your interest and we look forward to hearing from you!