Leadership in quality
When it comes to health, everyone deserves the best care and the best experience. Regions Hospital is setting new standards for care that improves health and delivers an excellent customer experience.
Regions' success in preventing hospital readmissions
Regions rate of 30-day readmissions is about half the national rate. Read our Quality Report to see how Regions Hospital is setting new standards for care that improves health and delivers an excellent customer experience. Learn more.
Regions' success in providing the care you need
Regions is one of the best hospitals for providing all of the recommended care for surgery, heart attack, heart failure and pneumonia. Regions patients receive all recommended care 95 to 100 percent of the time. Learn more.
Regions' success in avoiding tests and procedures you don't need
- Regions meets or exceeds national standards for preventing unnecessary exposure to radiation by avoiding overuse of CT scans. Learn more.
- HealthPartners, Regions care plans reduce preventable hospital visits among high-risk patients. Learn more.
National recognition for Regions clinical excellence
Regions is one of only two Minnesota hospitals named a 2012 Leapfrog Top Hospital for safety and quality.
HealthPartners physicians at Regions named Top Docs by Minneapolis St. Paul Magazine
Thirty-one outstanding physicians were nominated by their peers as being among the best health care providers in the Twin Cities. Lean more.
Regions certification & accreditation
- Gold Seal of Approval from the Joint Commission
- HealthGrades Distinguished Hospital for Clinical Excellence™
- Verified Level I Trauma Center for Adults and for Children
- Verified Burn Center
- Primary Stroke Center
- The Joint Commission Advanced Certification for Palliative Care
- The Joint Commission Certified Joint Replacement Center
- Regions named top performing hospital for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical care by The Joint Commission
- Leapfrog Group Top Hospital
- Health care's Most Wired
- Regions Hospital/Rehabilitation Institute accredited by CARF, an independent, nonprofit accreditor of health and human services
Regions is among the safest hospitals in Minnesota and across the nation
- Regions is one of only two hospitals in Minnesota to be named a 2012 Leapfrog Top Hospital for being among the safest hospitals in the nation. Learn more.
- Regions earned a Hospital Safety Score grade 'A' from The Leapfrog Group for meeting high standards on 26 measures including having specially trained physicians in the intensive care unit, having safe nurse staffing levels and and for preventing infections. See details here.
Regions' success in preventing medical complications
- Regions Hospital has earned five Patient Safety Excellence Awards from the Minnesota Hospital Association for ensuring safety during surgery and child birth, and for preventing pressure ulcers and falls.
- Reducing hospital-acquired infections; cuts medical costs by an estimated $200,000 per year. Learn more.
- Regions is among the best in the nation for preventing pressure ulcers. Learn more.
- Regions meets the national standards for preventing deaths and complications for heart attack, heart failure and pneumonia. Learn more.
- Regions has one of the lowest rates in the nation of sepsis, an often fatal infection. Learn more.
Regions' success in preventing readmissions
Regions meets national standard for readmission of heart attack, heart failure and pneumonia. Learn more.
Regions' success in ensuring safe labor and delivery
Regions is among top hospitals in the nation. Learn more.