Awards and recognition
Regions Hospital – recognized for award-winning care
Among the Nation’s Best
Regions Hospital was recognized as one of Healthgrades® America’s 50 Best Hospitals™. Every year, Healthgrades evaluates about 4,500 hospitals. Regions Hospital is in the top one percent of hospitals nationwide based on clinical outcomes. Here is a list of some of the other awards we received from Healthgrades:
- Recipient of the Healthgrades® ‘America’s 50 Best Hospitals’ Award™ for two years in a row (2016-2017)
- Recipient of Healthgrades® Distinguished Hospital Award – Clinical Excellence™ for seven years in a row (2011-2017)
- One of Healthgrades® America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Gastrointestinal Care™ for four years in a row (2014-2017)
- Recipient of Healthgrades® ‘America’s 100 Best Hospitals’ Award™ for General Surgery four years in a row (2014-2017)
- One of two hospitals in Minnesota to be named Among the Top 5% in the Nation for Cranial Neurosurgery for five years in a row (2013-2017)
- Named Among the Top 5% in the Nation for Cardiology Services in 2017
- See the full list of awards
MHA Innovation of the Year Award, Inpatient Care
Regions was recognized for significantly improving evaluation and treatment of stroke patients. We are the first hospital in Minnesota certified as a Comprehensive Stroke Center by The Joint Commission and the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association.
Outstanding Cancer Care
Regions received the Outstanding Achievement award from the American College of Surgeons for quality improvement and health outcomes.
Becker’s Hospital Review: 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare
Regions was named one of Becker’s top hospital workplaces in 2014. We were also named a Twin Cities Business Journal’s Great Place to Work.
GreenHealth’s Top 25 Environmental Excellence Award in North America
In 2013, Regions received an environmental excellence award for our mercury-free commitment statement, having an inventory of all mercury-containing items and handling or clean-up procedures for mercury.
- Minnesota’s first Comprehensive Stroke Center, certified by the Joint Commission
- Joint Replacement Program Gold Seal of Approval, certified by the Joint Commission
- Outstanding care for geriatric hip fracture patients, certified by the International Geriatric Fracture Society
- Certified Baby-Friendly birth center by Leapfrog
- Quality Oncology Practice Initiative, certified by the American Society of Clinical Oncology
- One of only five Burn Centers in the nation certified by the American College of Surgeons and the American Burn Association
- Level 1 Adult and Pediatric Trauma Center, certified by the American College of Surgeons
- Rehabilitation Center that has been CARF certified for more than 20 years
- Breast Imaging Center of Excellence, certified by the American College of Radiology
Medical support for the pros and their fans
Regions is proud to provide on-site medical coverage during Minnesota Wild, St. Paul Saints and Minnesota Vikings home games. Just like the pros do – you can count on us to take care of you inside and outside of the hospital.
Preferred hospital of the Minnesota Wild
Since 2000, Regions has provided specialty services for the team, including cranial facial and neuropsychology care.
Official hospital of the Saint Paul Saints
Regions Hospital is excited to be a part of the St. Paul Saints new CHS Field stadium and to be the official Hospital of the Saints. We also set up booths at home games throughout the season to provide fun and educational activities around important and relevant health topics.
Sideline support for the Minnesota Vikings
A Regions Hospital Emergency Medicine physician and EM resident have been on the sideline of every Vikings home game since 2008. If you see someone in a red NFL hat on the sideline, it’s one of our Regions doctors.
Hear what Regions patients are saying
They said, “Take me to Regions.” Learn more about other patients and their experience with our care teams.
Tell us how we’re doing
You can share your success story.