What it’s like to work at Regions
Learn about the values we honor, and how we honor you.
Our organizational mission and values
At Regions Hospital, our mission is to improve health and well-being in partnership with our members, patients and community. This is how we do it:
Our vision: Where we’re headed
Health as it could be, affordability as it must be, through relationships built on trust and service for all.
Our values: What guides our actions
Our values serve as the foundation for everything we do. We live our values, so we can provide the best experience to our patients and their families.
We strive for the best results and always look for ways to improve.
We are strongest when we work together and with those we serve.
We care and show empathy and respect for each person.
We are open and honest, and we keep our commitments.
It’s important to recognize colleagues who go above and beyond to serve our patients, their families and each other. We regularly give awards to show our appreciation.
- President’s Award and Wilbur Thomas Community Service Award. These awards recognize exceptional employees who work in partnership with other team members. They’re awarded based on peer nominations.
- Health Heroes. We recognize individuals and teams for their commitment to quality improvement and patient safety.
- Most valuable partner. This award honors colleagues who live our values each and every day, and consistently provide the best care and best experience to patients, families and each other.
A focus on employee involvement
Our employees lead or participate in department-specific projects, numerous committees and volunteer activities. There are also many opportunities for employees to share their feedback and become actively involved in making improvements at Regions.
- Shared governance. This care model empowers nurses to take the lead on issues such as patient safety, nursing clinical practice, performance improvement and much more. It also enables nursing staff from all units and roles to participate in decision-making. Explore our nursing program.
- Voice of the Employee. Designed by employees, this program provides a way to get ideas from other team members about how to enhance the care experience for patients, families and employees.
- Food for Thought. Team members come to hear the latest news, ask questions and share ideas while enjoying a casual breakfast or lunch with our president, CEO and other senior leaders.
- Annual Engagement Survey. Each year, employees across our organization share “what it’s like to walk in their shoes” by participating in our Annual Engagement Survey. This is just one of the ways we help identify what’s working and what we can improve to make our organization an even better place to work.
- Hospital forums and team talks. Senior leaders present news from across the organization at these forums and team talks. They typically incorporate fun themes like Regions Olympics, The Great Regions Get Together, or Mythbusters. It’s also a time for senior leaders to hear from employees and answer questions.
Explore careers and more
Learn about what it’s like to work at Regions, and view benefit information.
Get an overview of our departments and opportunities, and find your fit.
Support patients by giving your time at Regions or a HealthPartners clinic.