Marit E. Thorsgard, MD
- Practicing Specialty: Cardiology, Interventional Cardiology
My practice covers general and interventional cardiology. I work with patients in the clinic and the cardiac catheterization lab, and I also read echocardiograms and stress tests at Regions Hospital. Through screenings and appointments, I like getting to know patients, helping them understand and manage their cardiovascular health.
Patient education is very important to me, and I take time to teach my patients about their diseases and conditions and explain why they need to take certain medications and make lifestyle changes. Tailoring the therapy to the patient is critical, and I like to help people set reasonable goals to decrease disease risk factors. Many patients I see have coronary artery disease or have had a stroke, and we work together to prevent future problems.
In my free time, I like to be with my family. My husband and I have two young children and two big dogs. Getting outside is important to us. I enjoy running, snowboarding and skiing of all types.
I am a member of the American College of Cardiology (ACC).
- Medical School: University of Minnesota Medical School 2006
- Residency in Internal Medicine: Hennepin County Medical Center 2009
- Fellowship in Cardiovascular Disease: University of Minnesota Hospitals and Clinics 2012
- Fellowship in Interventional Cardiology: University of Minnesota-Interventional Cardiology 2013
- Certification: Am Bd of Internal Medicine
- Certification: Am Bd of Internal Medicine-Cardiovascular Disease
- Certification: Am Bd of Internal Medicine-Interventional Cardiology