Ashish Y. Mahajan, MD
- Practicing Specialty: Plastic Surgery, Surgery of the Hand
- Secondary Language: Spanish
I am glad to be part of the dynamic HealthPartners plastic, reconstructive, and hand surgery group. My surgical interests are broad, including breast surgery, facial injuries, and reconstruction after cancer removal. I also have a particular interest in hand surgery and microsurgery, having completed a fellowship in these fields after my plastic surgery training. I am board-certified in plastic surgery, with an additional certificate in surgery of the hand from the American Board of Medical Specialties.
In my practice, I like the collaboration between physician and patient; we work together to solve a problem during a difficult time. The relationship may be brief, or it may continue for many years depending on the nature of the problem and treatment. Beyond my technical love of surgery, I find these relationships to be immensely satisfying.
I also enjoy teaching future plastic surgeons. As assistant professor of surgery at the University of Minnesota and program director for our plastic surgery residencies, I have the privilege of working with surgical residents every day.
- HealthPartners Specialty Center - Plastic and Hand Surgery
- 401 Phalen Blvd Saint Paul, MN 55130 (map)
- Appointments: (952) 967-7977
- Medical School: University of Pittsburgh 2005
- Residency in Plastic Surgery: University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics 2010
- Fellowship in Hand Surgery: California Pacific Medical Center - Davies Campus 2011
- Certification: Am Bd of Plastic Surgery
- Certification: Am Bd of Plastic Surgery-Hand Surgery