Andrea G. Olson, MD
- Practicing Specialty: Cardiology
I am a non-invasive cardiologist who focuses on echocardiography and nuclear cardiology, but I enjoy seeing all sorts of patients. I became a cardiologist because I wanted to work in a specialty where I could make a large impact on patients' lives. With cardiology, patients can have a lot of influence on their own health, and it's exciting to collaborate with them. Together we create a beneficial treatment plan that can dramatically improve their health.
It's rewarding to develop long-term relationships with patients, watching them progress in life while minimizing the impact of cardiovascular disease. Listening to patients and getting their input is important to me. I encourage them to make lifestyle changes that can improve their overall health and quality of life.
I come from a large family, and I spend much of my spare time with them. We enjoy being active with indoor and outdoor sports, and I especially enjoy running.
I am a member of the American College of Cardiology (ACC) and the American Society of Nuclear Cardiology (ASNC).
- Medical School: University of Minnesota Medical School 2008
- Residency in Internal Medicine: Hennepin County Medical Center 2011
- Fellowship in Cardiovascular Disease: University of Wisconsin Hospital & Clinics 2014
- Certification: Am Bd of Internal Medicine
- Certification: Am Bd of Internal Medicine-Cardiovascular Disease