Steven D. Jackson, MD
- Practicing Specialty: Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Secondary Language: Spanish
While pursuing an interest in orthopaedics, I found myself being drawn to the field of physical medicine and rehabilitation, particularly to patients with spinal cord injury. During residency, I came to realize that my career path was more than an interest, but a calling to fulfill.
As a rehab doctor, I believe that patients in rehab need to be restored, not just physically but emotionally, socially and in many other areas. I want patients to know that I am their advocate who is committed to helping restore their function so that they can have a good quality of life. They can count on me to exhaust all resources available in an effort to bring about their best achievable function.
I desire to be more than another doctor in a search engine. I'm invested in lives and building people up while their healing takes place. Encouragement, hope and restoration are my guiding principles and I stand on the motto that "life begins after injury."
In my free time, I have a wide variety of interests. I'm an avid singer. I've competed in many karaoke contests and even in the American Idol Experience at Universal Studios. I love to spend time with my wife and four kids. We like to travel and eat good food. I also enjoy playing video games.
I am a member of the following professional associations:
*Association of Academic Physiatrists (AAP)
* Academy of Spinal Cord Injury Professionals (ASCIP)
* American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (AAPM&R)
- HealthPartners Neuroscience Center - Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- 295 Phalen Blvd Saint Paul, MN 55130 (map)
- Appointments: (651) 495-6403
- Medical School: American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine- Netherlands Antilles 2006
- Residency in Surgery: Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education 2007
- Residency in Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation: VCU Medical Center 2013
- Chief Resident in Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation: VCU Medical Center 2013
- Fellowship in Spinal Cord Injury: VA Medical Center 2014
- Certification: Am Bd of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Certification: Am Bd of Physical Medicine & Rehab-Spinal Cord Injury Medicine