Michael T. Paddock, DO
- Practicing Specialty: Emergency Medicine
I chose to specialize in emergency medicine because I enjoy the broad scope of the practice. Being an emergency medicine provider gives me the opportunity to do a lot of different things while providing care to patients when they need it most. Whether I'm providing lifesaving services, or just reassurance, I find it very rewarding.
By training, I am an educator. I work with my patients to educate them on their current conditions and treatments, as well as what they can do for themselves at home. I am also very involved in teaching physicians and specialize in the use of technology in medical education. I currently serve on the Online Education Subcommittee of the American College of Emergency Physicians.
I have two young sons and enjoy spending my free time with my family. We like going to the zoo and the parks and just being outdoors.
I am a member of the following professional associations:
* American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP)
* Society for Academic Emergency Medicine (SAEM)
* Emergency Medicine Residents Association (EMRA) (alumni member)
* Council of Emergency Medicine Residency Directors (CORD)
- Medical School: Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine 2010
- Residency in Emergency Medicine: John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital of Cook County 2013
- Chief Resident in Emergency Medicine: John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital of Cook County 2014
- Certification: Am Bd of Emergency Medicine