Nicole M. Kopari, MD
- Practicing Specialty: Surgery
When I was four years old, I decided that I wanted to be a surgeon. During a preschool art project I was asked to draw a picture of what I wanted to be when I grew up. I drew a little girl holding a scalpel. That was the beginning of this lifelong journey. As a medical student at the University of Minnesota, I fell in love with the Burn Center at Region's Hospital. I had the opportunity to learn from some of the best burn surgeons in the country and am now lucky to call each of them my friend and partner.
I am a small town girl who grew up in Minnesota. I have had the most supportive family throughout my life and value my loved ones more than anything. I pride myself on being a surgeon who thinks with my head, operates with my hands, but acts based on my heart. I am honored to take care of my patients in their time of need and promise to treat each and every one of them as if they are my own family.
I was a college athlete at the University of Minnesota, and in my free time I enjoy staying active and keeping up on my favorite sports teams. My husband and I love being outdoors. We enjoy traveling, trying new restaurants, spending time with loved ones and playing with our adopted puppy,Zoey.
I am an instructor for Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS), Advanced Burn Life Support (ABLS), and Advanced Surgical Skills for Exposure in Trauma (ASSET) courses. In addition, I am an active member of the following professional associations:
* American College of Surgeons (ACS)
* American Burn Association (ABA)
* Eastern Association for the Surgery of Trauma (EAST)
- Medical School: University of Minnesota Medical School 2008
- Residency in Surgery: Michigan State University 2013
- Fellowship in Burn Surgery: Harborview Medical Center 2014
- Fellowship in Critical Care Surgery: University of Texas at Houston 2015
- Certification: Am Bd of Surgery