Randy Hurley, MD
- Practicing Specialty: Oncology & Hematology
I am a board certified Hematologist-Oncologist and a member of the faculty of the University of Minnesota Department of Hematology, Oncology and Transplantation. I also serve as the medical director of the HealthPartners and Regions Hospital Cancer Care Centers.
Prior to obtaining my medical degree from the University of Wisconsin, I received an undergraduate degree in pharmacy and served as an oncology pharmacist. I completed my internal medicine residency and chief resident year at the University of Wisconsin and completed a hematology/oncology fellowship at the University of Minnesota.
My early career included a basic science research interest in stem cell biology and cell adhesion that yielded publications in prestigious journals such as "The New England Journal of Medicine", "The Journal of Clinical Investigation" and "Experimental Hematology".
I have an interest in global health and am board certified in Tropical Medicine and Hygiene. I have over 12 years of experience providing medical care in Tanzania, and I serve on several boards related to global health ministry. I also co-direct an annual 6-week interdisciplinary global health course for University of Minnesota medical students and pharmacy students.
I am a native of Wisconsin but have made Minnesota my permanent home, and I enjoy the recreational opportunities it provides for fishing, canoeing and winter sports. I have been an active volunteer in the community with organizations such as the Boy Scouts of America and have mentored more than 20 Eagle Scouts.
I am a member of the following professional associations:
* American College of Physicians (ACP)
* Alpha Omega Alpha
* American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)
* American Society of Hematology (ASH)
* Minnesota Society of Clinical Oncology (MSCO)
- Medical School: University of Wisconsin School of Medicine & Public Health 1987
- Residency in Internal Medicine: University of Wisconsin Hospitals and Clinics 1991
- Chief Resident in Internal Medicine: University of Wisconsin Hospitals and Clinics 1991
- Fellowship in Oncology & Hematology: University of Minnesota 1995
- Certification: Am Bd of Internal Medicine-Hematology
- Certification: Am Bd of Internal Medicine-Medical Oncology