Pamela R. Paulsen, MD
- Practicing Specialty: Cardiology
I have been a cardiologist in the Twin Cities for more than 20 years. I chose to be a cardiologist for the opportunity to take care of patients throughout their lives - both in acute emergency situations and throughout their chronic illness. It has been rewarding to take care of patients over time and some have followed me for 20+ years. By establishing a relationship with patients and their families, I can help them as they transition through different disease and life phases.
I was drawn to Health Partners for the diversity of patients and providers, and the excellence in teaching medical students, residents and cardiology fellows. I love to teach my patients, staff and trainees. For the first 20 years of my practice, I was an interventional cardiologist, and I previously ran a women's heart clinic. Today I practice all areas of general cardiology. My goal is to empower people to understand their diagnoses and treatment options so they can make choices that allow them to have the best health possible.
On my time away from work, I volunteer at Open Arms Minnesota where I have been on the board of directors for many years and recently served as president for 2016-2018. I also like to travel, hike and golf.
- Medical School: Medical College of Wisconsin 1987
- Residency in Internal Medicine: Hennepin County Medical Center 1990
- Fellowship in Cardiology: University of Minnesota Hospitals and Clinics 1993
- Fellowship in Interventional Cardiology: University of Minnesota-Interventional Cardiology 1994
- Certification: Am Bd of Internal Medicine-Cardiovascular Disease