Jeffrry P. Jaffe, MD
- Practicing Specialty: Hematology, Oncology, Oncology & Hematology
I am a board certified Hematologist-Medical Oncologist and the former department head for HealthPartners and Regions Cancer Care Centers. For more than 35 years, my career has been focused on medical education. I am an assistant professor in the Division of Hematology, Oncology and Transplantation at the University of Minnesota Medical School and I coordinate the Regions Hospital Rotation for University of Minnesota Hematology-Oncology Fellows and Internal Medicine Residents.
I graduated cum laude from Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri, and obtained my medical degree from the University of Wisconsin, Madison. After completing internal medicine training in Arizona, I returned to the Midwest and completed my hematology-oncology training at the University of Wisconsin Comprehensive Cancer Center in Madison. My practice includes all aspects of Hematology and Oncology, with a particular interest in breast cancer and hematologic malignancies.
I have had the opportunity to mentor countless hematology-oncology physicians throughout my career, many of whom practice in the Twin Cities area. I conduct a weekly teaching conference that is highly regarded by University of Minnesota Internal Medicine Residents, students and Hematology Oncology Fellows.
I am a member of the following professional associations:
* Minnesota Society of Clinical Oncology (MSCO)
* American Society of Hematology (ASH)
* American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)
- Medical School: University of Wisconsin School of Medicine & Public Health 1973
- Internship in Internal Medicine: Maricopa Medical Center 1974
- Residency in Internal Medicine: Maricopa Medical Center 1976
- Fellowship in Oncology & Hematology: University of Wisconsin 1978
- Certification: Am Bd of Internal Medicine
- Certification: Am Bd of Internal Medicine-Hematology
- Certification: Am Bd of Internal Medicine-Medical Oncology