Korry D. Arndt-Wenger, MA, LPCC
- Practicing Department: Mental Health
- Professional Clinical Counselor
I chose to pursue a career as a psychotherapist because I enjoy working with individuals to foster personal growth, improve health and well-being, and ultimately lead more satisfying lives. My therapeutic approach involves working from a humanistic, person-centered orientation and counseling style. It is important for me to work collaboratively with my clients on shared, mutually agreed-upon goals. My background includes working in group homes, in-home settings and university counseling centers. I incorporate evidenced-based approaches into my therapy work, including cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), motivational interviewing and mindfulness. My special areas of interest include treating depression, anxiety, low self-esteem, trauma, stress, adjustment issues, identity and life transition issues, as well as grief and loss.
Outside of my practice, I enjoy spending time with family. Every summer I look forward to long canoe trips up north. I am very active and enjoy playing sports (mostly basketball), running and being outdoors. I am an avid reader and also enjoy exploring new restaurants in the Twin Cities.
I am a member of the following professional associations:
* American Counseling Association (ACA)
* Minnesota Counseling Association (MnCA)
* American Psychological Association (APA)
- HealthPartners Regions Behavioral Health - Maplewood
- 2345 Ariel St N Maplewood, MN 55109 (map)
- Appointments: (952) 967-7992
- Professional School: University of Minnesota 2011