Lyle J. Swenson, MD
- Practicing Specialty: Cardiology
I have always been fascinated by the physiology and complex anatomy of the cardiovascular system and how essential the heart and blood vessels are for optimal health. For most of my career, I have been an interventional cardiologist, but I now enjoy focusing on clinical cardiology and non-invasive testing. I grew up in northern Minnesota, received most of my medical training in Minnesota and have practiced in the Twin Cities for more than 30 years.
Outside of my practice, I enjoy traveling, music, skiing and biking. I also run to keep fit.
I am a Fellow of the American College of Cardiology (FACC) and a member of the American Medical Association (AMA).
- Medical School: University of Minnesota Medical School 1977
- Residency in Internal Medicine: Hennepin County Medical Center 1981
- Fellowship in Cardiovascular Disease: Oregon Health & Sciences University 1985
- Certification: Am Bd of Internal Medicine
- Certification: Am Bd of Internal Medicine-Cardiovascular Disease