Kamalini Das, MBBS
- Practicing Specialty: Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Secondary Language: Hindi, Tamil
I am a physician with board certification in Obstetrics and Gynecology from both India and the United States. I have also completed a research fellowship in reproductive endocrinology and infertility through the University of Minnesota. I have always worked in large academic centers and keep up with the latest in the ob-gyn literature. Currently I work at both Regions Hospital and at the Women's Health Center of the VA Medical Center. I am passionate about my work and feel it is a privilege to help women. I use an individualized, comprehensive approach toward the management of the problems women face throughout their lives. My preference is to evaluate and treat my patients in the office setting when possible.
In addition to seeing patients, I am also involved in education. I have an adjunct faculty appointment at the University of Minnesota Medical School where I am an Assistant Professor, and I am also Regions Hospital Residency Site Director in Ob-Gyn.
My special interests include,
1. Minimally invasive surgery in the office and same-day surgery using new, innovative techniques to diagnose and treat incontinence, pelvic relaxation, abnormal bleeding, and abnormal pap smears, as well as surgical procedures such as transvaginal and transobturator tape and sterilization using the hysteroscopic Essure procedure.
2. The complete range of hormonal contraception and offering solutions to sexual concerns in pre- and post-menopausal women.
3. International women's health with special emphasis on female circumcision reversals.
4. Evaluation and treatment of women with infertility. I am also an expert in menopausal medicine and hormone replacement therapy.
5. Minimally invasive hysterectomies: laparoscopic, laparoscopic-assisted, single port, vaginal and abdominal routes - individualized surgeries based on the problem being treated. I also do complex abdominal surgeries, myomectomies for infertility, sacrocolpopexies for prolapse, Burch colposuspensions, repair of prolapse, cystocele and rectocele. I also perform laparoscopic surgeries for endometriosis, pelvic pain and ectopic pregnancies.
I love delivering babies and have extensive experience in vaginal breech deliveries and, when indicated, vacuum and forceps deliveries.
I promise to listen and use my knowledge and skill to diagnose and offer you all the available options for treatment. I will help you choose an option that is right for you.
- Medical School: Christian Medical College- India 1980
- Residency in Obstetrics & Gynecology: Christian Medical College- India 1985
- Residency in Obstetrics & Gynecology: St. Stephens Hospital- India 1985
- Residency in Obstetrics & Gynecology: Safdarjang Hospital- India 1989
- Fellowship in Reproductive Endocrinology: University of Minnesota 1991
- Residency in Obstetrics & Gynecology: Regions Hospital 1994
- Certification: No Information on Record