Elie Gertner, MD
- Practicing Specialty: Rheumatology
As an academic rheumatologist, teacher and researcher, I strive to provide exceptional, patient-centered, transformative care. The rheumatological diseases and immunological diseases that rheumatologists treat demand a high level of expertise in all areas of internal medicine and an interdisciplinary approach coupled with the fundamentals of patience and humility.
As Head of Internal Medicine/Medical Education, I am responsible for the training of the next generations of physicians - medical students, residents and fellows.
As a researcher, I have published medical papers in many areas contributing to new knowledge in therapeutics and the development of newer approaches to disease.
I am board certified in Internal Medicine-Rheumatology and a member of the International Society for Clinical Densitometry (ISCD). I am also a Fellow of the following professional associations:
* American College of Physicians (FACP)
* Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
* American College of Rheumatology (FACR)
- Medical School: University of Toronto- Canada 1980
- Residency in Internal Medicine: University of Toronto- Canada 1983
- Fellowship in Rheumatology: University of Toronto- Canada 1985
- Certification: Am Bd of Internal Medicine
- Certification: Am Bd of Internal Medicine-Rheumatology