Michael David McGonigal, MD
- Practicing Specialty: Surgery
I am the director of trauma services at Regions Hospital and specialize in all aspects of critical care after injury. I was born and raised in Ohio and developed an interest in trauma care during college. I then trained at a major trauma center in Detroit, MI, before moving to Philadelphia, PA, to build the trauma center at the University of Pennsylvania with two other surgeons. I'm passionate about my patients and always act with compassion, clearly explaining injuries as well as the best treatment options for as quick a recovery as possible. Outstanding care is at the center of everything I do.
- Medical School: Ohio State University College of Medicine 1982
- Residency in Surgery: Wayne State University School of Medicine 1987
- Certification: Am Bd of Surgery
- Certification: Am Bd of Surgery-Surgical Critical Care