Michael David McGonigal, MD
- Practicing Specialty: Surgery
I was born and raised in Ohio and developed an interest in trauma care during college. I trained at a major trauma center in Detroit and then moved to Philadelphia to build the Trauma Center at Penn with two other surgeons.
I am now the Director of Trauma Services at Regions Hospital and specialize in all aspects of care after injury.
American Association for the Surgery of Trauma
Eastern Association for the Surgery of Trauma
American College of Surgeons Committee on Trauma
- Medical School: Ohio State University College of Medicine 1982
- Residency in Surgery: Wayne State University School of Medicine 1987
- Certification: Am Bd of Surgery
- Certification: Am Bd of Surgery-Surgical Critical Care