Paige J. Halvorson, MD
- Practicing Specialty: Obstetrics & Gynecology
I have wanted to be an Ob/Gyn doctor since I was a child, going along with my mom for her annual exams. I remember sitting in the waiting room at her appointments thinking, "Wow, there are girls, moms and grandmas here ... how cool!" Once I actually realized what an Ob/Gyn does, after shadowing in high school and college, I knew this was the specialty for me. It is a privilege to share in decades of women's lives and families, especially during some of their most difficult times.
After completing my residency at Duke University, I joined a private practice in Raleigh, North Carolina, until I delivered my twin boys. I took an extended maternity leave for 18 months while my husband's job relocated us to Salt Lake City, Utah, for a year. It was such a blast to be a mom, but also so much work! I am truly in awe of stay-at-home moms. Now that I am back at work, I find balance is a necessary part of life. Thus, I cherish each minute I can spend at home with my husband, sons and our sheltie.
I am a member of the following professional associations:
* American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG)
* F. Bayard Carter Society of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
* American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists (AAGL)
- Medical School: Creighton University School of Medicine 2010
- Residency in Obstetrics & Gynecology: Duke University Medical Center 2014
- Certification: No Information on Record