Kristen M. Kessler, MD
- Practicing Specialty: Developmental Pediatrics
- Secondary Language: Spanish
As a developmental pediatrician, I enjoy working with children with a variety of complex developmental and behavioral challenges, including attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), autism spectrum disorder, developmental delays, challenging behavior, school or learning problems, and sleep challenges. I often have the opportunity to spend a lot of time with children and their families, which I find very rewarding. The focus of my work is to identify strategies within the family, school and community to support children to reach their full potential. My special interests include parenting, the parent-child connection, and the way that connection ties into developmental and behavioral outcomes.
Outside of clinic, I enjoy spending time with my husband and young children, traveling and being outdoors. I also have a passion for global health and have volunteered in several countries in South and Central America, Mexico and Africa.
I have participated two fellowships at the University of Minnesota: the Leadership and Education in Adolescent Health and the Leadership and Education in Neurodevelopment Disabilities. In addition, I am a Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics (FAAP) and am active in the Society for Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics (SDBP).
- HealthPartners Regions Behavioral Health - Woodbury
- 8550 Hudson Blvd Lake Elmo, MN 55042 (map)
- Appointments: (952) 967-7992
- Medical School: University of Arizona 2011
- Residency in Pediatrics: University of Minnesota Amplatz Children's Hospital- United States 2014
- Fellowship in Developmental Pediatrics: University of Minnesota- United States 2017
- Certification: Am Bd of Pediatrics