Miguel A. Ruiz Diaz, MD
- Practicing Specialty: Hospice and Palliative Medicine
- Secondary Language: Spanish
I became a hospitalist because I enjoy taking care of patients with complex problems. These patients often present the biggest challenges, but helping them to recover is especially rewarding. Working in the hospital setting allows me to collaborate with other health care providers and specialists to diagnose and treat patients. The hospital environment gives me the opportunity to care for a diverse group of patients and, at times, to help them to work through multicultural issues. I also enjoy teaching medical students and residents.
In my spare time, I enjoy traveling to different countries. I also enjoy the outdoors and sports, especially soccer.
I am a Fellow of the Society of Hospital Medicine and I am board certified in Internal Medicine and in Palliative Care Medicine.
- HealthPartners Specialty Center - Lung & Sleep Health
- 401 Phalen Blvd Saint Paul, MN 55130 (map)
- Appointments: (952) 967-7616
- Medical School: University of Madrid- Spain 1989
- Residency in Internal Medicine: University of Minnesota 1996
- Chief Resident in Internal Medicine: University of Minnesota 1997
- No Value Specified:
- Certification: Am Bd of Internal Medicine-Hospice and Palliative Medicine
- Certification: Am Bd of Internal Medicine w/Focused Practice in Hospital Med
- Certification: Am Bd of Internal Medicine