Felix K. Ankel, MD
- Practicing Specialty: Emergency Medicine
- Secondary Language: French, German
I enjoy working in emergency medicine because of the diversity of patients that I treat. I feel fortunate to be part of a team that allows us to have the resuscitation and stabilization capabilities to care for the acutely ill and injured. My special interests include research in resuscitation and innovative medical education techniques for training the doctors of tomorrow.
I consider the emergency department to be a resource that is broadly available and continuously accessible. I became an emergency medicine doctor in order to serve my community, and I make it my goal to provide compassionate, patient-centered care to everyone I meet. I enjoy working with patients and communicating with their other doctors to help reduce disability, promote health and prevent injury.
- Medical School: University of Wisconsin Hospitals- Madison 1989
- Internship in Emergency Medicine: University of Illinois Hospital- Chicago 1990
- Residency in Emergency Medicine: University of Illinois Hospital- Chicago 1992
- Certification: Am Bd of Emergency Medicine