Coleen M. Groen, MSW, LICSW
- Practicing Department: Mental Health
- Social Worker
I practice in behavioral health with a focus on cognitive behavioral therapy, interpersonal therapy, dialectical behavioral therapy, trauma-focused cognitive behavioral therapy, crisis intervention and motivational interviewing. I work with patients who are struggling with PTSD, eating disorders, generalized anxiety disorders, infertility, women's issues, compassion fatigue and depression.
My approach to my patients comes with respect for their journey and recognition of the courage it took to show up to therapy and be seen. It takes bravery to face one's self and I am honored to hear their story. I believe all stories are important and that all of us are trying our best to navigate the world. Our difficult histories have a profound impact on our thinking, our feelings and our behaviors. I am a strengths-based clinician and look at my patients though a lens of unconditional positive regard.
I LOVE therapy which supports empowerment, resiliency, disarming shame, vulnerability and connecting to one's emotions.
When I am not working, I am playing and running after my four children!
- HealthPartners Regions Behavioral Health - Woodbury
- 8550 Hudson Blvd Lake Elmo, MN 55042 (map)
- Appointments: (952) 967-7992
- Professional School: University of Hawaii- School of Public Health- Honolulu 2010
- Certification: No Information on Record