Emily S.T. Koeck, MD
- Practicing Specialty: Surgery
I'm a surgeon specializing in trauma, burn, emergency general surgery and critical care. Many of my patients come in through the emergency room, very ill or injured, and don't expect to need a surgeon. These patients have complex medical and surgical needs, and I enjoy the challenge of getting them back to health. There is nothing greater than seeing a patient transition from being critically ill to going home. I enjoy the team approach to patient care, which involves the entire medical team as well as the patient and family.
- Medical School: University of North Dakota School of Medicine & Health Sciences 2010
- Residency in Surgery: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center 2017
- Fellowship in Surgical Critical Care/Trauma/Burn: John H. Stroger Jr. Hospital of Cook County 2019
- Certification: Am Bd of Surgery
- Certification: Am Bd of Surgery-Surgical Critical Care