David J. Dries, MD
- Practicing Specialty: Critical Care Surgery, Surgery
I am a surgeon focused on critical care, trauma management, complex abdominal surgery and burns. Board certified in surgical critical care by the American Board of Surgery, I joined HealthPartners in 1999 and am currently the Department Head for Surgery at Regions Hospital.
Catastrophic illness or injury confronts patients and their family members with difficult situations. These conditions may force family members or friends to make important care decisions. I make sure to explain all care options and procedures in a collaborative setting, alongside a variety of medical and nursing specialists.
At the University of Minnesota, I am the John F. Perry, Jr. Professor of Surgery, and a Clinical Adjunct Professor of Emergency Medicine. I also serve on multiple editorial boards for publications including Shock, Critical Care Medicine, the Journal of Trauma and Acute Care Surgery and the Scandinavian Journal of Trauma, Resuscitation and Emergency Medicine.
- Medical School: University of Chicago-Pritzker School of Medicine 1980
- Residency in Surgery: Duke University School of Medicine 1982
- Residency in Surgery: University of California- Irvine 1987
- Fellowship in Critical Care Surgery: University of Chicago-Loyola 1988
- Certification: Am Bd of Surgery-Surgical Critical Care