James M. Risser, MD
- Practicing Specialty: Hospice and Palliative Medicine
I am both a hospitalist and a palliative care specialist. I am very interested in making sure that patients fully understand their medical issues and the choices that they have with regards to treatment. My approach with patients is friendly and relaxed. I like to have fun at work and incorporate humor, respect and honest compassion into the care of patients. I have been with Health Partners for over 10 years and have a practice that involves rounding in the hospital, some nursing home work and even some house calls.
I enjoy spending time with my family, playing/recording music with my band and fishing in Wisconsin.
- Medical School: University of Minnesota Medical School 1998
- Residency in Internal Medicine/Pediatrics: University of Minnesota 2002
- Certification: Am Bd of Internal Medicine w/Focused Practice in Hospital Med
- Certification: Am Bd of Internal Medicine-Hospice and Palliative Medicine
- Certification: Am Bd of Internal Medicine