Gay M. Bartholic, CNS-APMH
- Practicing Department: Mental Health
- Clinical Nurse Specialist
I received my master's degree in mental health nursing from the University of Minnesota and I am board certified as a Clinical Nurse Specialist in Adult Psychiatry. I provide diagnostic assessment, crisis intervention, supportive therapy and psychopharmacology services for clients with a broad spectrum of psychiatric disorders. My primary emphasis is on working with patients and their families who have serious and persistent mental illness.
I chose behavioral health because I enjoy being part of the journey that patients take to improve their lives. Each person tells a unique story that is always important and interesting to me. I try to practice in a way that encourages patients to take control of decisions about their mental health care. It is important to me that the goals patients choose to address are their own goals and not mine. I am a strong advocate for mental health care and work hard to stamp out the stigma that many of those suffering from mental illness face. In my free time, I enjoy sailing on Lake Superior in the summers with my husband and kids. I love to walk my Westie in the evenings. My other hobbies are reading, cooking and knitting.
I am a member of the American Nursing Association (ANA).
- HealthPartners Regions Behavioral Health - Maplewood
- 2345 Ariel St N Maplewood, MN 55109 (map)
- Appointments: (952) 967-7992
- Professional School: University of Minnesota School of Nursing 2003
- Certification: ANCC-Adult Psychiatric & Mental Health CNS