Peter A. Cole, MD
- Practicing Specialty: Orthopedic Surgery, Orthopedics
- Secondary Language: Spanish
I am an orthopedic doctor and surgeon from a small New England town outside Boston in Cape Cod. When I was ten, I moved with my family to Caracas, Venezuela, where we lived for almost four years. During this period, I attended an international school with students from over 50 countries and developed an appreciation for many people's perspectives. I also became fluent in Spanish and developed an affection for the Latin culture, both gifts which carry great life significance and influence my professional decisions to this day.
My career path has afforded me the opportunity to both live and serve in many cities. I came to Minnesota in 2002 when I was recruited by the University of Minnesota Department Chair to build an orthopedic trauma division at Regions Hospital. Over the next ten years, in collaboration with the University and HealthPartners, this initiative grew into a Level 1 Trauma Center with regional and national regard and the ability to address every condition at the highest level.
I have been recognized as a leading expert in minimally invasive fracture surgery and have the largest experience on record for the treatment of scapula fractures. Underlying these clinical, administrative and investigative accomplishments is a passion for innovative problem solving, whether for patient conditions, surgical instruments or challenges in health care delivery.
- HealthPartners Specialty Center - Orthopedics & Sports Medicine
- 435 Phalen Blvd Saint Paul, MN 55130 (map)
- Appointments: (952) 831-8742
- Medical School: University of Miami Hospitals and Clinics 1990
- Internship in Surgery: Brown University 1992
- Residency in Orthopaedic Surgery: Brown University 1997
- Fellowship in Orthopaedic Traumatology: Harborview Medical Center 1998
- Certification: No Information on Record