Dorothy Ann Connell, MSW, LICSW
- Practicing Department: Mental Health
- Social Worker
I chose to pursue a career as a therapist because I enjoy working with individuals who want to improve their overall well-being. My goal is to help them achieve a calmer state of mental health, which is so integrally connected to their physical health. I enjoy working with people who are seeking a path to a more fulfilling life.
My therapeutic style has a humanistic person-centered orientation: exploring how each person's strengths can be best utilized. The evidence-based approaches I incorporate in my work include cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), motivational interviewing and mindfulness. I am a solution-focused practitioner.
My special areas of interest include treating depression, anxiety, trauma, low self-esteem, adjustment challenges and life transition issues. I also enjoy working with individuals who are struggling with family of origin issues, chronic health issues, and grief and loss difficulties. I like working in settings where providers can collaborate to provide the best possible service to the patient. I have worked in hospital and clinic settings for 20 years. Prior to that time, I worked in group home, nursing home and community living settings.
Outside of my practice, I enjoy outdoor activities such as kayaking, hiking and skiing. I spend my free time with family and friends, often exploring new places. I also enjoy taking in theatre/music performances.
My education, training and certifications include the following:
* Master's Degree in Social Work
* Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW)
* Training in Motivational Interviewing, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and treatment of Trauma
- HealthPartners Regions Behavioral Health - Maplewood
- 2345 Ariel St N Maplewood, MN 55109 (map)
- Appointments: (952) 967-7992
- Professional School in Social Work: University of Minnesota 1999
- Certification: No Information on Record