Scott A. Oakman, MD
- Practicing Specialty: Psychiatry
After training in basic medical research, I discovered that I was attracted to the clinical interaction of problem solving with patients, particularly those with mental health and chemical dependency needs. I am also an educator at heart, and my current role at HealthPartners as director of the Hennepin-Regions Residency Training Program involves training the next generation of psychiatrists.
I am a member of the Association for Academic Psychiatry (AAP) and the American Academy of Addiction Psychiatry (AAAP).
Please note: This provider serves only adults ages 18+.
Patients must have been seen by a HealthPartners, Stillwater Medical Group, Hudson Hospital & Clinic, Westfields Hospital (outpatient) or Amery Hospital (outpatient) Primary or Specialty Care Provider in the last 2 years in order to schedule a new patient appointment in HealthPartners therapy or psychiatry.
- Medical School: University of Minnesota Medical School 1999
- Residency in Psychiatry: University of Michigan 2003
- Fellowship in Addiction Psychiatry: University of Michigan Medical School 2004
- Certification: Am Bd of Psych & Neuro (Psychiatry)
- Certification: Am Bd of Psych & Neuro-Addiction Psychiatry