Michael D. Zwank, MD
- Practicing Specialty: Emergency Medicine
- Secondary Language: Dutch
I chose emergency medicine because I really wanted to be a part of the safety net that catches all individuals in society. The Emergency Room is often the place that people turn to when they have run out of other options.
One main focus of my practice and teaching is on bedside ultrasound. We are using ultrasound more and more frequently to help diagnose and guide patient care. We use it for everything from looking at the function of a patient's heart to locating the toothpick or glass that is stuck somewhere in a patient's foot.
In my free time, I enjoy almost all outdoor activities, including running, cross-country skiing, snowboarding, rock climbing and tennis. It has been very rewarding to start including my two young boys in these pursuits.
- Medical School: University of Wisconsin School of Medicine & Public Health 2001
- Internship in Internal Medicine: Boston University Medical Center - University Hospital 2003
- Residency in Emergency Medicine: Boston Medical Center 2006
- Certification: No Information on Record