Stephen J. Smalley, MD
- Practicing Specialty: Cardiology
My goal as a physician is to help all people reach their full health potential. This may involve preventing heart disease in those who have risk factors, or treating and healing those who have already developed heart disease. My goal is to acknowledge the dignity of every person, demonstrate compassion and provide the highest quality of care. A physician and patient work as a team: the physician provides knowledge, expertise and guidance, and the patient provides the will and motivation to heal and become stronger.
With over a decade of experience in healing heart disease, I have a depth of clinical and patient experience that has deeply enriched my appreciation of the technology and therapeutic advances that make the field of cardiology fascinating.
I am also on the American Board of Nuclear Cardiology.
- Medical School: University of Iowa 1993
- Residency in Internal Medicine: University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics 1996
- Fellowship in Cardiovascular Disease: University of Wisconsin Hospital & Clinics 1999
- Certification: Am Bd of Internal Medicine-Cardiovascular Disease