Priya Kumar, MBBS
- Practicing Specialty: Oncology & Hematology
- Secondary Language: Hindi
I am a board certified Hematologist-Oncologist and a member of the faculty of the University of Minnesota's Department of Hematology, Oncology and Transplantation. I have experience in treating a wide variety of cancers and benign hematology and have a special interest in breast cancer. I understand the complexity of cancer care and treatment and the toll it takes on patients and their loved ones. I strive to be there for patients and their families from the time of diagnosis, helping them make informed decisions about their care and throughout the treatment process.
I earned my medical degree from India and completed my internal medicine residency at the State University of New York (SUNY) Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, New York. I have lived in the Twin Cities since 2003 and completed a fellowship in hematology/oncology at the University of Minnesota. It was during my fellowship training that I became interested in clinical research and evaluating the efficacy and side effects of different therapies for cancer. This interest led to a master's degree in clinical research from the School of Public Health at the University of Minnesota. I have presented my work at national meetings and published in journals such as "Lung Cancer", "American Journal of Clinical Oncology", "Biology of Blood and Marrow Transplantation" and "British Journal of Cancer".
I see patients at Regions Hospital Cancer Center in Saint Paul and Lakeview Hospital-Stillwater Medical group.
Some of my other interests are traveling, tennis and the practice of yoga, which keeps me calm and focused.
- Stillwater Medical Group - Lakeview Hospital Campus
- 921 S Greeley St Stillwater, MN 55082 (map)
- Appointments: (651) 439-1234
- Medical School: Gandhi Medical College- India 1994
- Residency in Internal Medicine: SUNY Upstate Medical University at Syracuse 1999
- Fellowship in Oncology & Hematology: University of Minnesota 2006
- Certification: Am Bd of Internal Medicine
- Certification: Am Bd of Internal Medicine-Hematology
- Certification: Am Bd of Internal Medicine-Medical Oncology