Ruth L. Merid, MD
- Practicing Specialty: Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Secondary Language: Tigrigna
I decided to become an obstetrician-gynecologist because I like the multifaceted aspect of the specialty. Being an ob-gyn has given me the opportunity to provide preventive care for women, perform surgery and deliver babies. I enjoy working with my patients who are generally very motivated to participate in their own care.
My special interests include treating abnormal bleeding and fibroids. I specialize in da Vinci robotic surgery and other minimally invasive treatments and work closely with my patients to help them understand their options.
Outside of my practice, I enjoy travel and usually travel outside the country several times a year. I also enjoy skiing and bike riding.
I am a member of the American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists (AAGL) and the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG).
- Medical School: Loma Linda University 2003
- Residency in Obstetrics & Gynecology: Sinai Hospital of Baltimore 2007
- Certification: Am Bd of Obstetrics & Gynecology