Amy E. Nygaard, MD
- Practicing Specialty: Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, Psychiatry
I'm a board certified psychiatrist who provides assessments, treatment planning and medication management for children and adolescents ages 5-17. I've always enjoyed working with children and families, so I chose to support them through my practice in behavioral health. I find it to be very rewarding work. My areas of special interest include mood disorders such as depression, ADHD, anxiety and eating disorders.
My approach with clients and families is collaborative. I use education, supportive therapy and motivational interviewing in collaboration with families, therapists, primary care providers and schools as the situation requires. I take time to listen and help children and their families through what is often a challenging time. Clients need someone who can meet with them consistently to determine ongoing efficacy and appropriateness of current medication and treatment plans. I aim to be that person.
Outside of work, I enjoy spending time outdoors and with my family.
I am currently serving as the Medical Director of Outpatient Behavioral Health for HealthPartners. I am also a member of the American Psychiatric Association (APA) and American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (AACAP).
- HealthPartners Regions Behavioral Health - Maplewood
- 2345 Ariel St N Maplewood, MN 55109 (map)
- Appointments: (952) 967-7992
- Medical School: University of Minnesota Medical School 2003
- Residency in Psychiatry: University of Minnesota Medical Center-Fairview 2007
- Fellowship in Psychiatry Child & Adolescent: University of Minnesota 2008
- No Value Specified:
- Certification: Am Bd of Psych & Neuro (Psychiatry)
- Certification: Am Bd of Psych & Neuro-Child & Adolescent Psychiatry