Marcel Hungs, MD
- Practicing Specialty: Neurology, Sleep Medicine
- Secondary Language: German
My continuing fascination for neurology and sleep medicine started more than 25 years ago. I have authored and coauthored more than 100 publications, reviews, book chapters and abstracts related to those areas of medicine. While at Stanford University, I contributed to the discovery of the involvement of the hypocretin/orexin system in human and canine narcolepsy.
I treat each of my patients with compassion and dedication, while using the most up-to-date medical knowledge. I work with my patients tirelessly, unraveling the underlying cause and potential treatment of their medical concerns while providing emotional support for them and their families.
I am honored to have been selected consecutive times by my peers as Top Doctor in Mpls/St. Paul Magazine.
- HealthPartners Specialty Center - Lung & Sleep Health
- 401 Phalen Blvd Saint Paul, MN 55130 (map)
- Appointments: (952) 967-7616
- Medical School: RWTH Aachen- Germany 1995
- Internship in Internal Medicine: AtlantiCare Regional Medical Center 2002
- Residency in Neurology: University of California (Irvine) Medical Center 2005
- Certification: Am Bd of Psych & Neuro-Neurology
- Certification: Am Bd of Psych & Neuro-Sleep Medicine