Peter G. Kumasaka, MD
- Practicing Specialty: Emergency Medicine
What I love about emergency medicine is the constant variety of patients and conditions that we see and solving the puzzle of the undifferentiated medical complaints. I also enjoy the chance to use both my head and my hands, performing procedures and thinking through a complex differential diagnosis. But most of all, I love the people; the camaraderie and teamwork of every member of the emergency department and the diversity of patients and their families who come from all walks of life, cultures and socioeconomic situations. No matter how mundane and typical it is in the emergency department, it is also constantly fresh and new.
- Medical School: University of Rochester 1992
- Internship in Surgery: Hennepin County Medical Center 1993
- Residency in Emergency Medicine: Advocate Christ Medical Center 1998
- Certification: Am Bd of Emergency Medicine